Some Thoughts About Dogs - Featured Blogger

I have to make apologies to Tegan & Some Thoughts About Dogs for not getting her featured blogger post up on Saturday.  Spend some time getting to know:

Chip
Some Thoughts About Dogs have rather self-centred routes. Basically, I live dogs. There is not much I don't do with dogs - I have enjoyed their companionship throughout life, I have worked in a shelter, I foster rescue dogs, I've had dogs with behavioural problems, I love dog training and behaviour, I've been involved with almost all dog sports possible. There is not much 'doggy' that I haven't done.

Clover
Considering this, I have spent a great deal of time thinking about dogs and my brain had just about reached capacity. I really feel that, because I am so involved in the dog world, I actually have a rather 'well rounded' idea of dogs. And I hold some dissatisfaction with how dogs are treated, on many levels, today.

Winona
My blog is quite political at times, as I really feel like much legislation surrounding dogs is either useless, or counter productive to welfare aims. I am also very interested in dog science, as I feel that the dog world really needs to embrace what science has shown about our pooches, and then ask for more research. Dogs are under researched, so any research is precious.

Clover feeding Myrtle and foster babies
I have four permanent doggy residents here, all border terriers, but then numerous puppies and foster dogs make their appearances, too. Though occasionally there are posts about the pets themselves, most of the time they are only mentioned in terms of a 'bigger picture'.

My four favourite posts:

Belyaev Fox Experiment -
http://leemakennels.com/blog/the-origin-of-dogs/belyaevs-fox-experiment-index/
This is a link to the index of four posts outlining the Belyaev fox experiment. This was such a long winded assignment I set myself, researching all facets of the experiment, but I have received a number of comments thanking me. So it's all worthwhile! Plus, it was heaps of fun to research.

Paucity in Dog Science -
http://leemakennels.com/blog/dogs-and-politics/paucity-in-dog-science/
This blog posts looks at why dog science almost doesn't exist. I was particularly happy when I attended a seminar recently, with Paul McGreevy, and he agreed with me!

What is the Answer to Puppy Farms? -
http://leemakennels.com/blog/dogs-and-politics/62/
My proposals for reducing puppy farms that does not specifically legislate against breeder practices. A much more sensible way of ensuring puppies aren't produced in substandard conditions, and at the same time not impacting on responsible breeders.

"Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Dogs Die" -
http://leemakennels.com/blog/rescue/dont-breed-or-buy-while-shelter-dogs-die/
A critique to the suggestion that the death of shelter animals is as a result of responsible dog breeding.


Check out some of Tegan's favorite post some time this week on Some Thoughts About Dogs

If you're interested in being featured on Pet Blogs United, send an e-mail to PBU at Comcast dot net