What Dogs Do - Weekly Featured Blogger

This week we are proud to introduce you to What Dogs Do!


I am a writer and dog-lover living in London, UK. My interest in dog behaviour and training started when I was a kid and got a Dachshund puppy as a birthday present. As an adult I was dog-less (and sad) for quite some time, until I decided to adopt a retired racing greyhound two years ago. I soon realized that my fascination with dogs had not disappeared. I started boring all my friends with stories of how and what Eddie was doing. Last year I added another greyhound to my pack, Cassie. The stories and ideas multiplied. So I decided to write them down in a blog, What Dogs Do
.

But my interest in dogs doesn’t stop with having a pair of greyhounds. I volunteer at a greyhound rehoming kennel to learn more about retired racing dogs, their behaviour and needs. I also take my dogs to a home caring for the elderly with dementia and Alzheimer’s. The meetings between Eddie and Cassie and the old folks are rewarding and fascinating, and have fuelled my curiosity about how we people and our dogs relate.

My blog is partly a diary of my trials and tribulations with Eddie and Cassie, partly a way to share what I have learned by training them, and partly an exploration of what I am continually finding out about canine behaviour. What Dogs Do mixed bunch of ideas, then. Some posts are observations of what my dogs do, some describe how I train my dogs. I report from the kennels and at times I add some more philosophical considerations about animal-human interaction.


Cassieand the Sheepskin Rugs:  an observation of interesting behaviour


Postcardsfrom the Kennel: pictures of the dogs I work with

Recall– Part I:  ideas and instructions on training recall

Take some time this week to stop by What Dogs Do & nose around.  You won't be sorry!

If you're interested in being featured on Pet Blogs United, drop us a line at PBU at comcast dot net.