Misty Shore Chesapeakes ~ Featured Blogger

Our Featured Bloggers the Misty Shores Chesapeakes haven't posted in almost a month, but maybe with all of our PBU readers visiting them they will start to post again.

Chesapeake Bay Retriever’s (CBR’s) or Chessie’s as they are commonly called, are a sporting breed, they are used for duck and goose hunting but they can retrieve upland game also. My life with them began almost twenty years ago when I met my soon to be very good friend who owned two very beautiful girls; I immediately fell in love with them and wanted one of my own. My dream came true in 1993 when my friend gave me my first Chessie puppy for my birthday, a beautiful deadgrass girl named Shadowdancer and as they say…the rest is history!
Cheyenne
I now have four Chessie’s in my life, Cheyenne age 9; she is a very mouthy girl always wanting to get the last word in! She loves to retrieve ducks, geese and swim but is happiest when she is with me. She finally achieved the Working Dog title through our national dog club on August 19, 2012; this was a huge achievement for us. She sometimes sleeps with me but prefers to sleep on the dog bed next to my bed; I think it’s because she can stretch out more since my bed is pretty cramped with three Chessie’s sharing it.
Riva and Babies
Riva age 7 is the snuggler, cuddler and my baby; she is also a huge smiler! Chessie’s are known for smiling and it is quite humorous! Last September she gave me seven beautiful puppies of which I ended up keeping two. She also is happiest when she is with me and sleeps with me every night. We do conformation dog shows together on occasion and she seems to like it because she usually will strut her stuff!
Maia & Titan
Maia age 1 is Riva’s daughter and is working on being the baby, cuddler and snuggler. She is so much like her momma it is almost scary! She also sleeps with me every night and it is cute to watch her and her momma trying to get their spot on the bed right next to me. She is just beginning her show career and isn’t too sure of it at times but we will get there in time. We may also try some obedience and rally.

Titan age 1, the brother and the clown! He is such a character and never ceases to amaze me with his antics. You can see how much this boy loves life in his happy go lucky attitude every day! He is in retriever training and will be working on getting his hunting titles as well as being my hunting dog, which that will be a huge challenge for me since I have never hunted! We will also give obedience and rally a try to see if I can get him titled in that as well.

First and foremost my wonderful dogs are my companions!! We all have fun just hanging with each other, they love to be with me and go when I go. They fill my life with so much joy there are really no words that can express how much I love them and my life would be dull, lonely and empty without them!
Titan
Here are three of their favorite posts:
Chessie Weekend
Guilty
Three Handed Casts

Stop by Misty Shores Chesapeakes and see if you can get them to come out of hiding :)