Can You Help Melissa Get Her Autism Service Dog?

Melissa is raising funds to obtain a service dog from Autism Service Dogs of America (ASDA), a nonprofit organization in Lake Oswego, Oregon. You can find out more about autism service dogs and Autism Service Dogs of America on their website at www.autismservicedogsofamerica.com.


Hey. I'm Melissa, I'm 20 and have Asperger's & high-functioning Autism, and I've recently been approved for an Autism Service Dog through an organization in Oregon. However, before I can get the dog, I need to raise at least $6,500. Which isn't that much, in the long run, but it's just me and my single mother who's trying to do this by ourselves. We're kind of out of places to turn to, honestly.

We're trying to plan a yard sale in a couple weeks, then a raffle/Spaghetti fundraiser dinner in July to try to raise some money- but even that can only bring in a couple hundred dollars at the most.

Even if you can't donate money right now, I'm also in need of DOG SUPPLIES and DOG FOOD when I get my dog. We've been able to get a couple donations, but it's mostly going towards our fundraiser raffle.
If you think you can help Melissa in any way please click over to her Firstgiving Fundraiser page.  You can also follow her on Twitter @yeralosersmile.