K9 Kamp Week 1 Walk it Off


Oskar & I are proud to be participating in Koly & Kelly's K9 Kamp and have successfully completed week 1, Walk it Off....kind of....

We did the challenge which was to go for a walk with our dogs for 60 minutes this week and try to keep a brisk pace to challenge ourselves.  We broke it down into 2, 30 minute walks and made sure to take the route with the big uphill, instead of the easier flat route.

Last night I had my husband come along on the second walk and take lots of nice pictures of Oskar & I doing our walking uphill.  I reviewed the pictures in the camera while we walked to make sure I had the photo's I wanted.  I noticed it said demo on the camera screen but didn't pay any attention to that.

Well what demo means is that there's no freakin' memory card in the camera!  In my defense it's a digital SLR camera that I inhereted from my son and am not that familiar with yet.  It doesn't have any internal memory, doh!

But back to our pictureless the challenge.  I decided to take Oskar on his 6 foot leash instead of his really long retractable leash so that I could keep him moving instead of meandering and stopping to sniff every pee-mail out there.  He wasn't happy with my decision, but he eventually fell into a nice quick pace with me.

Honestly the hill took it out of me, I'm really out of shape!  I could feel it in my calves, my thighs & my knees.  I'll have to keep an eye on my knees, I've inherited bad ones from my mom's side of the family and as I get older I'm starting to feel it.

The good news is the more I move around during K9 Kamp, the better it will be for my knees and everything else!

We'd love for you to jump in and join us for week 2 of K9 Kamp, Fetch It Yourself, so hop up off your computer chair and let's go!