My Roo Spot Featured Blogger

Today we have the pleasure of introducing you to the cast of characters from My Roo Spot.
Jason & Cali
My Roo Spot is a blog about our adventures together and while volunteering for a greyhound adoption program in Richmond, Virginia (James River Greyhounds). A little over 6 years ago, we adopted our first greyhound and discovered our passion..to find as many as possible a forever home!! We do a lot of fostering (75+ and counting) and boarding of retired racing greyhounds. We also attend many events with our greyhounds as well as just playing around in the backyard. I am budding amateur photographer so sometimes the posts are just a bunch of random photos I want to share! We do love to travel so there are many adventures without the greyhounds which I will chronicle too. But mainly I blog about our dogs! We have laughed and cried with many people in the blog world whom we have never actually met. Allow me to introduce my pack!
Shiloh
Shiloh is 14 1/2 and I adopted her the week after I graduated college many moons ago. She has been my ever faithful companion and best friend for 14 years. She loves nothing more than to be near me at all times.

Dante
Dante is a 13 1/2 year old Dachshund who came with my husband. He is ornery and busy but a true snuggle-pup who keeps life interesting. He loves nothing more than to be under a blanket by your side.
Henry
Henry is a 12 1/2 year old retired racing greyhound (race name WR Red Eye) who came to us only 3 years ago. He was dropped off at our house to be boarded for a few weeks (check out the posts in Sept 2009). The owner never returned and we never let him go! He has a lot of health issues but that doesn't slow him down at all! He loves nothing more than a romp in the yard on a sunny day.

Dana
Dana is an 11 year old retired racing greyhound (race name Great Day Ahead) who we adopted as our first greyhound 6 years ago! She loves to roo and dance for cookies and is very special indeed. Her nickname is Dana Roo Roo Pantz. She loves nothing more than cookies.

Cali
Cali is a 9 year old retired racing greyhound (race name JNB Baby Beth) who we consider our only foster 'failure'. She waltzed in to our house, said "About time" and never left. She is a certified Delta Society therapy dog and we visit the VA hospital and a local boys home. She loves to be in her daddy's lap and is often referred to as the 'tart'. She loves nothing more than being center of attention with all hands/eyes and feet on her preferably with her favorite toy, the pink poodle, nearby..

Some of our favorite blog posts are...

Grapehounds New York 2010

Relaxing by the Pool

Beach Bound Hounds

Stop by & give them a little PBU comment love this week.

*I apologize for the lateness of this Featured Blogger Post, they usually go up on Saturdays, but Blogger has kept me locked out of all of my accounts since Thursday!