Chou Chou Adventures ~ New Blogger Alert


Today we are happy to introduce you to Dr. Nancy Kalish and her adorable dog Chou Chou.

I am a psychologist in Sacramento, CA. Until recently, I was a professor at California State University, teaching courses in child and adolescent development, among many others. Since 1994, I have been running a research project to study rekindled romances: couples who reunited after being apart for many years.

And I have a dog who keeps me busy and brings me joy. Chou Chou is a beautiful briard, a French herding dog. They are not common, and when we go out walking, people stop me to ask about her. "What kind of dog is that?" Many people guess: A labradoodle? A wheaten terrier? An old English sheepdog? A bearded collie? A bouvier?

I named her Chou Chou (pronounced shoo shoo), a French term of endearment meaning something like "cutie pie" or "honey." And there is an expression, le chouchou de la prof, which means "teacher's pet" -- and she is!

Cars going by stop in front of us as we play in the yard, and drivers yell out the window, "You have a beautiful dog!" Children and adults alike want to pet her, and she loves the attention and paws at their shoes with her big feet. Some people take her picture, to show their friends what they saw. And when I entered her in the Sacramento Dog Show when she was a year old, she was the only briard; she drew crowds around her, as dog lovers stopped to ask about her breed.

With all this attention and interest, I decided she deserved her own blog. It gives me great pleasure to introduce her breed, and to introduce my puppy to you: the adventures of Chou Chou, a briard girl.

Visit Chou Chou Adventures and tell then Pet Blogs United sent you.