My Dogs Love Me - Weekly Featured Blogger

Haopee of My Dogs Love Me, gives us some insight as to what it's like to be a dog owner in the Philippines.  She has a true desire to help more dogs in her country:

Street puppies
Only a minority of people here treat their dogs the way you guys do. People here rarely visit the vets unless they have purebred dogs. I, on the other hand, am willing to spend a buck or two just to keep my dogs healthy and it's kinda funny how whenever I go to the animal clinic, my pets are the only street dogs/mongrels being attended to (most of the time).
Buchi, happy without mange
The first time I could proudly call myself a pet owner was when I bought my shih-tzu named Buchi from a breeder. I specifically chose him because he seemed so good and nice compared to his brother which was active and very playful. Little did I know that choosing him was the start of a grueling battle against mange. At first I thought it was dandruff or extreme itching, so I cut his hair because the weather in our place was extremely hot. But he did not get better and I felt helpless. Because he was still a puppy, mange soap was not a suitable treatment. It even came to a point that he was scratching his eyes against his cage which in turn caused corneal ulcer. I called the first vet and asked her what I should do about it and she told me to calm down and just wait for it to heal. Being the panicky owner that I was, I finally decided to go to another vet clinic. They charged me for a medicine that was dropped on his back and an eye ointment. These gave Buchi instant relief.

Twitch
Though this had been a long time ago, it was then I started posting. At first it had been all about Buchi, but now, I realize that pet owners in my country don't have that much knowledge about pets that we only rely on vets to help them.
 
Shark, died of poisoning
Aside from enjoying talking about my doggy experiences, I also hope to help fellow pet lovers with tips which are also applicable in my country for breeds, mongrels and especially street dogs.

Your Dog's Set Of Rules

My Favorite Dog Story: Hachiko

Poisoning- A topic close to my heart because our dog recently died of it


Stop by My Dogs Love Me this week and say hello to Haopee and the gang.

If you're interested in being featured on Pet Blogs United, drop us a line at PBU at comcast dot net.