Dog In The Desert ~ Featured Blogger

Today we'd like to introduce you to the peeps & pups behind Dog In The Desert.
I started Dog In The Desert because I wanted to share and connect with other like minded dog owners. As I write in my first post ever I find that dog people can be a little opinionated- and that can make navigating the world of dog ownership a little overwhelming. I wanted a place where I could vent about the world around me, speak my mind, and have healthy discussion.
Copley
We were about to adopt a puppy too, so I knew it would be an exciting year ahead, I just never knew how exciting. I chronicle our adventures in the outdoors, visiting national parks, camping on BLM land and generally running around the American Southwest. The dogs eat home-made raw food, do agility and go to a lot of local dog events so there is never a shortage of things to talk about. My family's unique combination of farmers market going and holistic vet visiting coupled with living in a big city and you know- believing modern medicine actually has some good things to offer- gives me a moderated view that tends to get people on every side of an issue worked up!
Kerrigan
My goal with blogging is to bring everyone together so we can all learn from each other. That may seem like a lofty goal but my dogs are on board with me so what more support do I need?
Nova
When I started blogging I never imagined this would be such an exciting year with the dogs. I adopted Kerrigan, took her through obedience class, got her her CGC and recently she became a therapy dog. Copley was diagnosed with Lyme disease, treated and recovered.
Copley
Thanks to Mr. DogInTheDesert's we fostered two puggles who took forever to be adopted but went to wonderful homes. Then most recently our pack of two became a pack of three. Nova is a long story (you can see it unfolding right now on the blog) but I will say this- she has lived her entire life as a stray, she needs serious rehabilitating, and she is the most wonderful little chihuahua who has fell into place amongst our dogs easier and faster than any dog before her.

In the coming year I look forward to sharing with my readers Nova's rehabilitation journey, Kerrigan's first trip out into the competitive agility ring and our continued travels and adventures in the desert!
Kerrigan

Favorite posts-
Big Bear Lake, CA 
"Watch Out for that Pack of Dangerous Pit Bulls"
What we are Eating Around Here

Just these great pups would be reason enough to visit, but how about the scenery?  Stunning!  Go on over & say hello to Dog In The Desert.