Peaceful Dog Blog ~ Featured Blogger

Today we're proud to feature the Peaceful Dog Blog.

I'm Kirsten, and I operate the Peaceful Dog Blog. Thanks to Pam and Oskar for this opportunity to introduce myself and the creatures who inspire me!

I've been fostering dogs with rescue groups and shelters for years, and my involvement in rescue led me to learn about positive dog training as a way to address common dog behavioral problems and save more lives. I started Peaceful Dog when two dogs with unique behavioral challenges came into my life at around the same time, and I learned so much so rapidly about how to train and manage them that I wanted a way to document it all and keep track of it!

The first of those two foster dogs, Fozzie Bear, is an impulsive muscular explosively loving mastiff/pit bull mix who continues to inspire us as a foster failure of incredible intelligence, sensitivity, and absurdity. Lamar Latrell is a 13-year-old foster failure himself, an Anatolian shepherd mix born in New Mexico. My human companion is Florian, not a foster failure but a Swiss guy and professional ballet dancer who performed all over the world before discovering that dogs were his second passion, and making his home in Takoma Park, MD with me.

I still use Peaceful Dog as a place to record my discoveries in the realm of positive dog training, whether with Fozzie and Lamar, with client dogs, with the foster dogs who share my home for days or months at a time, and with the dogs at the shelter where I volunteer. Florian and I are big outdoor buffs and we love to take the dogs hiking, camping, swimming, and kayaking, and you'll see a lot of posts about those adventures too. Most posts stay true to the dog theme, although occasionally I'll stray into other areas dear to my heart like conservation and ecology, insomnia, and Florian's career when he takes off the hiking boots and dons the white tights. I also groom dogs as a hobby, and use Peaceful Dog to record my thrilling discoveries about skin diseases, ear infections, dog breath, and dander.

I hope that some of you will find these topics as deeply engaging as I do and will join me at Peaceful Dog. One of the most wonderful things about blogging is meeting so many other people with delightful dog blogs of their own, and I love learning about my fellow bloggers and building our community.
Here are 4 of their favorite posts:
7 Billions Humans Day: Are You Scared?
Fozzie Leash Walk Success
More Dancing
Adventurous & Illegal

Stop by Peaceful Dog Blog & tell them Pet Blogs United sent you!