Does Your Dog Enjoy Halloween?

Oskar is someone who gets very stressed out on Halloween. He doesn't like strangers coming to the house, the costumes freak him out and he gets upset and barky.  Now that the boys are grown and don't Trick or Treat anymore, we don't "do" Halloween.  I felt guilty turning the lights off and hiding in the back room, but it's not fair to Oskar for him to be alone and scared while I'm handing out candy.

Trick or Treat here is only an hour.  My husband doesn't get home from work until halfway through and the boys aren't here.  If I gave out candy, Oskar would have to be penned in a separate room alone and he would be really stressed.  It's just not worth it to me, especially since so many other houses in our neighborhood give out tons of candy.

I would like to participate in Halloween by dressing up Oskar, Chloe and Moe, but my husband had a strict "no costumes on the pets" rule.  I'd love to have adorable costume pictures for the blogs, but since Chris allows me to get away with all kinds of crazy things, the least I can do is let him win on that one.

Here's a great infographic from The Uncommon Dog with more common sense Halloween tips for Fido.

 photo halloween-safety-tipsUncommonDog_zps5bd2bc5c.jpg

Halloween is not bad for Chloe and Moe, being cats they have plenty of safe places to go and hide.

How do your pets act on Halloween?